Made from molten-lava and water, pumice is a light-yet abrasive stone that has been used to remove calluses and dry, dead skin for hundreds of years. Used in conjunction with your skincare, here are some reasons why pumice stones are the perfect companion for your Y natural products…
They’re Sustainable and Environmentally Friendly
Formed by the Earth’s natural elements, pumice stones are completely natural and cruelty-free. Unlike other exfoliation tools that are made from synthetic materials and chemicals, pumice stones cannot hard wildlife and/or the environment when they are discarded, making them ideal for those who are conscious of the impact that the products that they use may have on the world around them. Pumice stones also tend to last longer than synthetic cleansing tools, meaning they’re a whole lot more sustainable.
Despite what you may think. Pumice stones are actually quite gentle on the skin’s surface as the surface of the stone itself is quite smooth. They’re also quite soothing and massaging as you can gently massage them into your skin in a circular motion.
They’re Effective Hair Remover
Not only can pumice stones be used to effectively remove the dry, dead skin for your face and body, but they can also be used to remove unwanted hair. Forget about making an appointment at the salon as pumice stones are a painless and cost-effective way to remove hair.
To remove unwanted hair: simply, soak the skin in warm water for 5-10 minutes until it is soft, wet your pumice, lather your skin with soap or Y natural’s 102 CLEAN Foaming Cleanser, apply the pumice stone to you skin-rubbing in a circular motion and then apply gentle pressure to remove the hair, rinse, repeat until all the hair is gone (stop immediately if the skin become irritated). Once the hair is removed, rinse the skin thoroughly to remove excess hair or product and then finish off by applying 501 PROTECT Anti-Age Moisturiser, 502 HYDRATE Antioxidant Moisturiser or 700 SOFT Hand & Body Lotion to nourish the skin.
How to Use a Pumice Stone on Your Face and Body in Cahoots With Your Favourite Y natural Products:
- Start off by soaking your skin and pumice stone in warm water. It’s important to never use a dry pumice stone on your skin as it can lead to injury. Not to mention, a pumice stone will glide so effortlessly on your skin when wet.
- When your skin feels soft, remove it from the water and gently pat-dry it with a towel.
- Apply a small amount of 102 CLEAN Foaming Cleanser to the stone and begin rubbing the abrasive side of the pumice into your skin in a soft, soothing and gentle circular motion.
- Continue rubbing the stone gently, paying extra attention to the areas prone to dryness or cracking (such as the heels), until you notice a difference in softness on the skin.
- When you’re done, apply 501 PROTECT Anti-Age Moisturiser, 502 HYDRATE Antioxidant Moisturiser, 603 BALANCE Organic Jojoba or 700 SOFT Hand & Body Lotion to nourish and protect the skin. Then rinse your pumice stone under hot water, apply some soap and scrub it with a bristle brush ensuring that you remove the excess skin and dirt from the stone. It’s important that you ALWAYS wash your pumice stone after every use as bacteria and other nasties can grow on the surface.